1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

All Cars' Top Speeds at all BOPs

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by LukFry, Apr 8, 2019.

1. LukFry

LukFry Racer

A good friend of mine did this great thing here. I suggested to post it to the official forum. For further questions you can ask him directly on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ACCompetiz...bops/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, today I sat down and tested the top speeds of all cars that we have right now (Build 0.7.1).

How I tested:

I drove all cars several times on 4 different tracks that all belong to different BOP-groups: Monza for BOP A (obviously), Paul Ricard for BOP B (which also includes Barcelona and Spa), Nürburgring for BOP C (includes Silverstone) and Hungaroring for BOP D (includes Brands Hatch, Misano and Zolder).

I wanted to test raw top speed, basically a best case scenario for speed in every car. Realistically, you wouldn't drive a car with the lowest possible downforce on all tracks, but since all cars need a different amount of downforce and we all have different preferences, I couldn't account for all of that. That is why I chose to test all cars on the Aggressive Setup with the lowest possible downforce (lowest possible ride height at the front and rear, zero wing). I also set the brake ducts for all tests to 2 at the rear and 3 at the front, which I found were pretty reasonable values (plus brake ducts don't really make that much of a difference to top speed, I tested it beforehand). I drove in Hotlap Mode at 14:00 (aka 2pm).

Also, I didn't always measure at the realistic braking points on each track, because every car has their own optimal braking zone depending on track conditions, ABS-setting etc. That's why I chose reference points that were consistent; remember, this test is about comparing raw speed and I wanted to keep it reproducable.

Please note: Although I consider myself a decent enough driver to do this test (can drive 1.48's at Monza pretty consistently), I cannot guarantee all results are 100% correct. But I tested every car on each track as many times as I needed to get the same result at least twice, when it was also on a run that I considered "good". A better driver however might be able to get 1 kph more than I did. If you were able to manage more than I did, let me know below (this is all about maximum values).

Monza (BOP A), Start/Finish-Straight, 150m-sign

Car (fastest to slowest) Top Speed in kilometers per hour (kph)
    Lamborghini Huracan 278
    Emil Frey Jaguar G3 277
    Bentley Continental 275
    Nissan GT-R 2015 275
    Nissan GT-R 2018 273
    Ferrari 488 273
    BMW M6 272

Paul Ricard (BOP B), Mistral Straight, 100m-sign

Lamborghini Huracan 285
    Nissan GT-R 2018 283
    Nissan GT-R 2015 283
    BMW M6 282
    Emil Frey Jaguar G3 279
    Ferrari 488 278
    Bentley Continental 277

Nürburgring (BOP C), Start/Finish-Straight, 100m-sign

BMW M6 255
    Lamborghini Huracan 252
    Emil Frey Jaguar G3 252
    Ferrari 488 251
    Bentley Continental 250
    Nissan GT-R 2018 250
    Nissan GT-R 2015 250

Hungaroring (BOP D), Start/Finish-Straight, 100m-sign

BMW M6 256
    Emil Frey Jaguar G3 256
    Lamborghini Huracan 253
    Bentley Continental 252
    Nissan GT-R 2018 251
    Nissan GT-R 2015 251
    Ferrari 488 249

Hope this is an interesting post for some people. If you have any corrections or further questions, feel free to comment, I'll try to answer soon.

(PS: I hope PSA is the correct flair for a post like this.)

See y'all on track :)

alex bonner, SimGuy_1, Coanda and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Audio Bugs & Issues No cars's sound on track Dec 29, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Race cars's wheel too light Dec 22, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 'The World's Fastest Cars' - 1987 Road & Track Test May 29, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Street cars' acceleration are too slow Feb 12, 2016
    General modding discussion Broken file in 'cars' Mar 21, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Doesn't some cars' suspension settle too fast? Nov 9, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Traffic cars stops near my car May 6, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI disqualified( not attempting to pit during mandatory pitstops ) Mar 5, 2024
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    ACC User Interface CTRL+Left/right for HUD moving stopped working Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Did the developer stop updating events on xbox series x? Nov 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ferrari 296GT3 / suddenly extreme topspeed. Jul 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting No FFB after switch to Desktop Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox controller rumble randomly stops working correctly Mar 16, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nitrado pitstops Mar 13, 2023

3. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Surprised the Jaguar is so slow at the Paul Ricard straight. And also the BMW difference in Monza and Paul Ricard.

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just to let you know that I've found some typo in the aero drag of the BMW so I expect it to gain some speed, especially at Monza.

5. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Oh, that's why I am not winning.. I was sure there's a reason :p:p:p

6. Gimme that speed on the BMW. I need it to compensate my "looks like I dropped the anchor" turns skill :D

7. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Haha, looks like your friend has to redo this again pretty soon @LukFry :D

Nevertheless, pretty interesting stuff. Did something similar a while back :)

8. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Noooooo, it will be a BMW series again in MP :D

Compared to what seen in real races vs ACC, M6 feels a bit too fast overall

Salvatore Amato and tw1st like this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Isnt it just ctrl-c then ctrl-v you use for all data. :oops::D

sissydriver and Coanda like this.
  10. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Proof- when I beat you in a 488 you must give props:)

I hope Porsche purchased some speed.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  11. I find it fast mostly because it's very stable and performs great when driving smooth, while is still good even if you are more aggressive.
    Its overall characteristics make it noob friendly, and that's why I'm spamming it :D

BoinkTheBeaver likes this.
  12. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Yes its all that. Its good enough in corners, and when the straight comes, its "good bye, see ya!". The acceleration is ridiculous, even if others could come closer at top speed at the end of the straight, M6 is long gone. Considering all the tracks, it is easily the fastest car with some exceptions. Just thinking that if it was so good everywhere in 2018, why is there only one team running 2019?

13. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Definitely. It is by far the car that forgives you the most, specially at high speeds

14. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I wonder if the BMW bug was fixed in this last hotfix?

15. Aristotelis

16. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Are you sure, cause I am still not winning? o_O :p

17. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

So I was watching this video:

Look at that top speed at the end of the straight, it's insane and much higher than any car in these results you got. It's also the first lap, which means it's carrying a lot of fuel. Wonder if it's possible to reach that?

Adastros likes this.
  18. wow they even provided the oxygen to the driver in order to achieve that ludicrous speed :eek::D

19. Aristotelis

I have no issues achieving the same top speed in similar slipstream conditions. Keep in mind that the gopro onboard on the video is pretty wideangle, giving you the impression the cars are further away than what they are.

Also weight doesn't really affect top speed in such a long straightline. It would affect initial acceleration, but you go on the straight line at already 200kmh...

Radfahrer likes this.
  20. iVG

iVG Alien

So BMW bug is fixed and voila - everyone is switching to m6 cos let's face it, it's just bloody gone. Had a race last night in Zolder on 50+ SA server. Jarkko Torvinen was there too... That thing just goes now. Guess papa iVG will be doing the switcheroo today too..mm

sissydriver likes this.
  21. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Yeah, switched to BMW, because its so OP. Now its like all BMW top 6 or so in every MP race, and then others who still have the strength to resists and drive something else. Now we have BMW M6 series instead of Blancpain GT series :)
    No point using anything else as its all around best choice for every track.. I'll accept the fact and continue using until we get more cars. OK maybe still Bentley sometimes as its my favorite :)

iVG likes this.