1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

APP: ACC Engineer

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Chadd Lowe

Chadd Lowe Gamer

I’m not getting any beeps with the oversteer/understeer. From the video I’ve seen on this it’s pretty much plug and play and entering the correct steering ratio to get started. Is there anything else I need to do?

2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Some people have reported this, but I can't reproduce it. The beeps are just very simple Windows beeps. Maybe it's hardware related?

3. Chadd Lowe

Chadd Lowe Gamer

I’m not sure. Where would I check to see if it has been disabled?

4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

do you have the windows system sounds turned off?

5. Bruhop60

Bruhop60 Rookie

There is a check box to turn the sound on or off.

6. TasmaniaDevil

TasmaniaDevil Rookie

Good morning, apart from not hearing the beep. It happens to me that on all circuits, no matter what I do, it always gives me this result, is this possible? Thanks
    upload_2023-6-3_14-13-7.png

7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It depends... is your low speed entry understeer always the biggest number when you get tips? If so, then it's by design.

8. Tom Winch

Tom Winch Rookie

Love the app it's brilliant. This is probably a really stupid question but is there an easy way to change the taskbar thumbnail for the app on my pc? Just to make it easier to tell the difference between ACC and the app in the bar. I tend to press the windows key and change apps that way instead of alt tabbing because of about a dozen racelab windows being open!
    Thanks again for all your work so far.

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

In Windows you can right-click to get to the shortcut properties and then click the Change Icon button to choose another icon.

Tom Winch likes this.
  10. Hello. Thank you for producing a very handy app however I do not feel that I am using to it's full potential. I watched Overtake's YouTube video on your app and I had a few queries. Appreciate any help please.

1. A 'Setup Tips' query. When you complete a handful of laps and presuming tyres are fine. I understand that you address the first recommendation at the top for each. However let's say, after another handful of laps and a new recommendation pops up different to the last. Again, you look at the top recommendation that needs addressed. Then again.. another handful of laps however this time it brings up the same recommendation from the first time you looked at it. Would you skip the top one and then move onto the next recommendation?

2. 'Generic' in the Setup Tips. When do you look at this?

3. Does the app update automatically?

11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The setup tips just come from the Setup Engineer Bot in the Aris.Drives Discord channel. If you have specific questions about how to apply the tips, it might be best to ask in that Discord channel.
    The app doesn't auto-update.

12. mojoex

mojoex Rookie

I'm having this exact issue. Understeer is detected with even minor movements of the wheel when coming out of the pits or in the starting lap. It seems to be detecting too much understeer way too soon at low speeds. Which results in basically everything else being overridden by low speed understeer setup tips.

Wolkenwolf likes this.
  13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Do more laps. It only averages the last 2 laps (from memory).

14. mojoex

mojoex Rookie

I have driven 45 minute races and it still persists. The beeps and low speed understeer detection occur way too soon and without any actual understeer occurring which seems to bias the setup tips for the app towards low speed entry understeer heavily.
    Increasing the understeer threshold to around 16-18 makes this low speed false detection go away, but then when understeer actually occurs it needs a lot more wheel angle in order to detect it properly.
    May be worth noting the car I'm using - Bentley - and I drop the steer ratio down 1 click in every setup and match that up in the app too.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    Wolkenwolf likes this.
  15. peroels

peroels Rookie

You can adjust the threshold a bit higher, I have had the same bip at minimal steering, and I believe it has to do with alot of negativ front-toe, which will wear the tires. The bot probobly cant tell the difference if i'm correct, and it just records the front tires plowing/inverted-plowing.
    adjusting the threshold stopped the early beeping :)

16. LeGxnd

LeGxnd Rookie

No matter how much I try to understeer or oversteer I cant hear any beep. I checked the sound box already. Any way to fix it?

17. Vasracing

Vasracing Gamer

NEEDING GUIDANCE PLEASE!!!

This was an awesome app which has left me heart broken. I was clearing out some items in my download folder and didn't realize that I had unzipped this app to the downloads folder. I have tried to move the app back from the trash bin, i have deleted all references of the app that I can find and redownloaded the app again, but no luck.

The app will download just fine, unzips just fine and shows up in my task bar when I click to open it, but I can't find the opened app. If I hover over on the icon in the task bar it a pop preview window of the app is shown, but I can never get to the app.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?:confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
  18. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

without looking too far into it, where the coordinates are stored, you can just bring it back with keyboard:
    1. launch the app
    2. hit alt+space to bring up the system menu of the app
    3. go down one to "Move", hit enter
    4. press left or right arrow key once. Windows will bind your mouse to the app window.
    5. now you move app window with the mouse again without clicking any button!
    6. Once you click a mouse button you let the window stay where you clicked
    7. Now you can drag the window like you are used to.

19. UncleC

UncleC Rookie

The sound has stopped working. Any reason why?

20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The sound is the simplest of Windows beeps. Have there been any audio setting changes in Windows?